Are you ready to transform your leadership?
This page is just as much about you as it is me. You’re here because you want to know if I can help you become the leader people want to follow or build a team that people don’t want to leave. You want better. I can get you there—and beyond. That’s why I established Lokhorst Consulting. Whether working with you as a coach, trainer or speaker, I am committed to your success.
Let’s talk about what you need and how I can help.
How do you know I’m a fit for you?
My ability to effectively partner with you today has been honed by years of experience consulting, leading, managing and, yes, following. Successful outcomes for my clients include:
- Organizations increase employee engagement, reduce turnover, break down silos and build stronger leadership pipelines.
- Teams effectively communicate, efficiently collaborate, maximize productivity and rise to surprising levels of innovation.
- Individuals find a renewed sense of purpose and become better leaders, managers and collaborators.
We can tailor a leadership development program that fits your needs.
Want to know more about me?
I hold credentials as an International Coach Federation (ICF) Professional Certified Coach (PCC) and a Certified Public Accountant (CPA). Those are two sets of abbreviations that you don’t often see together.
However, I am especially adept at working with leaders and teams within the finance and healthcare sectors.
Here’s a quick overview of my professional journey prior to Lokhorst Consulting:
- Began career as a CPA after earning a B.A. in Business Administration from Bethel University.
- Served for 18 years at a firm that later became Wallace, Lokhorst & Company, Ltd.
- Became Managing Partner at Wallace, Lokhorst & Company, developing our team to ensure that our work was at the highest level for every client.
- Dedicated the next 15 years in nonprofit leadership roles, primarily as chief financial officer (CFO) or development director.
- Obtained an M.A. in Organizational Leadership from Regent University.
All of these experiences gave me a front-row seat to observe the far-reaching and long-lasting impact of good leadership and healthy teams.
AND THEN: I launched Lokhorst Consulting LLC to develop leaders everyone wants to follow, build teams no one wants to leave, and deliver exceptional results. I have had the privilege of serving clients throughout the United States as a speaker, coach and trainer.
In addition to my coaching and accounting credentials, I am:
- a member of the National Speakers Association (NSA).
- on the Board of Directors of the NSA Minnesota Chapter.
- a certified facilitator of RightPath assessment tools.
- an adjunct faculty member in the School of Business and Nonprofit Management at North Park University (Chicago).
Five guiding values for my firm are:
- Holistic Excellence
- Growth Mindset
- Bias for Action
- Desire Over Fear
- Legacy Thinking
My new book, Mission-Critical Leadership: How Smart Managers Lead Well in All Directions, is the result of these five values and my belief in a John Maxwell mantra: Everything rises and falls on leadership.
Oh, on a personal note, I love grandparenting and being “Papa” to my four adorable “littles,” as I call them. I enjoy getting out on my bike and taking walks with my wife, Barb. I must confess that I am also an avid and long-suffering fan of Minnesota’s professional sports teams, cheering on the Twins, Vikings and Wild.
Now that you know more about me, let’s talk about you.
Get Instant Access to Lokhorst Consulting Insights
Mark P. Fisher
Founder & Chief Encourager, Inspiring Growth
Years ago - I tried like crazy to hire Jon as my CFO. It just didn't work out. During the process as well as years afterwards I grew to respect Jon's straight forward observations, rich and wise insights and subtle humor. He is a rare human being with a combination of analytical and empathetic skills. I'm a Jon fan!
Doris Gomez, PhD
Dean, School of Business & Leadership, Regent University
Jon is a true professional and expert when it comes to leadership development, coaching and organizational consulting. His integrity and expertise are unmatched.